Friday, May 16, 2008

Heat Waves and Support Updates

Hello! Northern California is currently experiencing a May heat wave. Apparently we even get a Weather Advisory for heat. I work inside a well air conditioned office, so I only feel the heat in small burst during the day. It makes for a very nice evening and a possible very nice beach day tomorrow... It will definitely be a great night tomorrow for some Giants baseball in San Francisco. I have been wearing my long johns and snow jacket to the night games, but now just a jacket should do. =) Maybe they will even win - you never know with the Giants - they like to keep their fans on the edge of their seat.

The support update is this:

The Cash Budget is 100% - now all one-time gifts get converted into monthly support. The total amount over 100% gets divided by 24 months.

The monthly budget is at 47%. This means I still need to raise $1,146.02 in monthly commitments.

I want to Thank Everyone who has supported me thus far - without you joining me in this effort - I would still be at 0% - instead we are almost to 50%!

I also want to encourage/remind anyone who is thinking of or planning on joining me in this endeavour through financial support to make sure you fill out the commitment forms or mail in the financial missionary gift as soon as possible. I can't go until the support is raised. On the right hand side of this blog is some information on how to give. There is also information on how to give on my very first blog entry.

If you are interested in what Convoy of Hope is doing in Myanmar the link below will take you to a link on their website:

http://www.convoyofhope.org/go/international/current_projects

I've included some verses from Revelation for thought and prayer.


"Holy, Holy, Holy, is the Lord God Almighty who was, and is, and is to come." Revelation 4:8


"You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being" Revelation 4:11


Until next time....

Claire Balch

No comments: