Sunday, September 7, 2008

So it begins...

The interns arrived on September 4th and so it all begins. We started introductions to Convoy of Hope on Friday. It included a tour and detail on the upcoming training and time in Moldova and Armenia. Saturday we started right away on helping with an outreach in the city of Republic. The churches in that town organized and put together their own outreach that included a kid's zone, music, haircuts, clothing, health exams and so forth. I worked at the throw a hat on the powerade bottle game. It was cool to see these churches get together and help out their community. As a side note the community center in Republic is very cool. Every city should have a community center like this one. It included a gym, 1/12 mile indoor track, and a basketball court among other things.

Karen was the first to arrive at the intern house. She came into Springfield late Wednesday night in the pouring rain. I attached some pictures of our adventures in the rain unloading her bike and a few key items that she needed that night. It was quite fun. Rain requires positive thinking, but once you've got that it can be quite the adventure. =)

Me in the rain



Karen in the rain



The Shoes post rain =)

I am working on creating a prayer list for Moldova and Armenia. I haven't had a lot of time to breath, but I will get to that because I believe it is important. I do want list the interns name on the team so if you would like to pray for the team as a whole you can.

Karen
Kisha
Gabrielle
Mikellah
Glori Ann
Chris
Chad
Noah
Nathan
Zac
Bracy

Then of course there is me. I ask for your continued prayers in the areas of discernment, wisdom, maturity, strength, that I will have the eyes and heart of Jesus for his people, and that my financial supporters will remember me each month.

MAY YOU BE BLESSED!

"Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart." Proverbs 3:3

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you are getting right to work, lets see pictures of your team.

justKarolyn said...

I am so excited for you Claire! I just got caught up on your blogging. I have a small prayer meeting here @ my house this Wed. We'll pray for you and your team. Blessings on you. Love & miss you, aunt Karol