Sunday, November 23, 2008

Reports from Georgia...

I am in Tbilisi, Georgia right now. The team arrived on Monday. Georgia reminds me of a mix between Moldova and Armenia. Georgia like Armenia has its own language. It is a flowy script – very artistic. The produce here is good. The missionary home here has its own grape, pomegranate and persimmon trees. It is fun to pick the fruit and eat it straight from the tree. I never had tasted a persimmon before this trip. They are very good. I love the new taste, experience and culture.

The team has been working with the Salvation Army. We split into two teams. Half of the team is sorting and organizing in the Salvation Army warehouse, so that the donations can be distributed to the internally displaced people from the crisis with Russia. The other half of the team is working in a Salvation Army office cleaning up the basement and an upper room preparing it for painting. I have been working with the basement crew. I have spent the last few days scraping paint and cleaning off wallpaper. The basement will be used for children’s Sunday school. It is a pretty big project. It is nice to know that we have helped them get a little farther on renovating their building.

I have put some pictures below of both Armenia and Georgia. Enjoy =). Thank you for all your prayer and financial support. Be Blessed! =)










This is an old cathedral in Georgia - the Salvation Army took us here on Saturday - they took us sight seeing and bought us a Georgian lunch. I love Georgian food.

The view from another old monastery on top of a mountain.



Me (just in case you forgot what I look like =) ) at the old Monastery with the scarf I bought in Vandazour.


A Persimmon

Me - working at removing wall paper off the ceiling


Noah, Zach and Nate taking a break from work


Candy from the Armenian market

We butchered a lamb and then cooked it - It an adventure in lamb barbecue- These are the vegetables we cooked over the fire. It was fun - we ate all the parts of the lamb =)

1 comment:

justKarolyn said...

Hi Claire! It is so good to hear from you & see you too! It looks beautiful there. You know what's funny? Just today someone gave me a persimmon, which I brought home to ripen. I've never eaten them either. Anyway...it's good to hear from you. you have been in my thoughts & prayers. Love you!