Thursday, July 30, 2009

Operation Wedding Storm

Hello Hello -

I just wanted to check in - let you know that I am alive and survived my five weeks in El Salvador. The real question is "Will I survive Operation Wedding Storm?" After a brief 1.5 day sickness I think I am ready =). The Balch yard has been in construction for several months now in preparation for Sarah Balch's special day. I look out into my backyard and it is a sea of tables draped in chocolate brown with floral centerpieces twisted up the white umbrellas. In the center of it all is a gazebo made of white wood and lights. On Saturday we will be consuming piles of noodles covered in Italian sauces. Afterwards we will feast on cake and treats from the chocolate fountain. The happy couple will dance, throw a garter and a bouquet, and wave goodbye.

Despite the busyness it is nice to be home. It is good to see my family and Derek. I was able to go to CLC on Sunday and ride the Giant Dipper last night. Derek and I went to San Francisco and to a Giants game. I got sick during the game, but it is one of my favorite things to do when I come home. I have eaten at Erik's Deli (twice) and In and Out Burger. I was able to go surfing and probably should surf again before I leave. So, I have been able to do a little bit of this and a little bit of that. I head back to Missouri August 3rd.

To close off here is quote in honor of the upcoming nuptials:

"Love is the lifespring of our existence. The more love you give, the happier you feel and the more love you will have within you to give".-- Susan L. Taylor

Muchas Bendiciones. Many Blessings.

3 comments:

Jessika Wilson said...

I like that quote. It was good to see you. Your time home was a success dear!

Love you. Fly safe. xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Now lets see some pictures!

Claire Balch Barmby said...

Who is Anonymous? I have some pictures on facebook and will be adding some pictures on the blog today! Thanks for the comments!