Saturday, March 13, 2010

Photos, Photos, Photos

I dropped the Missouri State University team off at the airport this morning along with my friend Megan McFarlane.  This was a great team and I had a great time.  It was so much fun to have Megan join the team.  We hadn't hung out in two years, so it was fun to catch up in El Salvador.   The MSU team was lead by Carmen Boyd.  She is a Profesor of Dietics at MSU.  The team was academic and made up of dietatic students and one student who is getting her masters in Child and Family Development.  We did a tour of some of the Latin American Child Care schools as well as other organizations in the country that deal with nutrition.  Some of the places we visited were the World Food Program, USAID, Love Link, Libras de Amor and various other organizations.  Convoy of Hope's nutritionist in El Salvador, Winny Menendez, set up the majority of the meetings for the team.  She did a great job.  I really appreciate all that she did to make this team go a smoothly as it did.  So, I am tired because the days were long, but I feel good about the week.   I had a hard time choosing, which photos I wanted to share, so I have uploaded quite a few.  I couldn't get all the captions and pictures to format like I wanted, but you'll get the idea. Enjoy =)    


Feed My Starving Children product, dried peaches from Gleanings for the Hungry and a soup mix that we were able to distribute at a very poor public school in a rural area of El Salvador


Megan, Sarah and Krystle distributing food in Convoy of Hope bags

Boy in El Salvador with a toothbrush from the MSU team


Dollie giving a toothbrushing illustration


















This is at the LACC school San Jose El Naranjo this is pasta with chicken in it for the students at the school. The pasta is part of the Convoy of Hope Nutrition program.


















Krystle weighing one of the students in the Nutrition Program

Measuring for the part of the arm where we measure for the arm circumference


















Winny Menendez, Convoy of Hope's Nutritionist in El Salvador, is recording the measurments the MSU students are taking.

A dentist in Springfield donated toothbrushes. In every school the students gave presentations on how and why to brush your teeth and wash your hands.
























MSU students with the director of Love Link














At the World Food Program meeting

At the World Food Program.  I thought these were were pretty cool.


These little girl was at a home for children whose parents have HIV or AIDs.  Most of the children here have HIV or AIDS as well.
Sea Shells in El Salvador
































Sunset in El Salvador.



















A worker at CENTA, El Salvador's agricultural and nutrition center, demonstrating how grafting works with trees. 
Megan and I's feet after walking around CENTA - At least flip flops are cooler than tennis shoes =)
Megan and I at the beach - hangin by the Palm tree =)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for inviting me. I had so much fun. And I'll definitely plan on seeing you before it's another two years :)