Monday, June 9, 2008

Early Rising, Foot Injuries y Pie, and Sleeping under the Stars

Just wanted to touch in for the week. I am pretty tired. I am trying to become an early riser. It is really hard and I am always tired by 9:00pm. It may be a case of the grass is greener on the other side, but I am convinced that morning people get more done in the day. So, I am trying to convert myself =).

I am supposed to update you on a couple of things. One the foot "injury" from several blogs back and the other was the pie. The foot is still nagging me a little. For a girl who runs frequently this is annoying. I have started swimming laps and I enjoy that. The get well plan is continue to bike and swim and no high heels for another week or so. I know you all have been worried about the foot =). The pie got good reviews. Everyone ate it at least. Next time I will put a little more flour in the berries, so the juice is thicker. Grandma Wilson - Thanks for the recipe!

The "Sleep Under the Stars" event was fun. I posted some pictures from the breakfast in the morning. Some of the pictures didn't turn out, so I was kind of bummed. I added captions for your reading enjoyment. Also notice the fabulous decorations. I enjoyed the fellowship, smores, singing and of course the aching shoulders the next morning from sleeping outside.

I am still raising funds. I should have an update fairly soon as well as some other Claire Balch insights (for whatever they are worth). =)

"Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Share with God's people who are in need. Practice hospitality." Romans 12:9-13


The Cooks =)

The Little Visitor

Cooking Action Shot

The Sleeping Arrangements

Pastor Ed

Elizabeth Balch

Heather and Jessika

1 comment:

Jessika Wilson said...

Nice pictures! I sure am gonna miss you and times like this. We are the breakfast making queens!