Sunday, June 22, 2008

God and the Unknown

I have been gone the past week at Royal Family Kids Camp. It is a camp for kids in the foster system. I was tired by the end of the week, but it was worth every bit of tiredness. My campers were precious and I know that this camp makes a difference in their lives. Making sure the kids are having fun and are in a safe environment is the top priority. This was the second time I was a counselor and it just reaffirmed that Royal Family Kids Camp is such a blessing for these children. I encourage you if you ever have a chance to help support this ministry.

The goodbye at the end of the week is always hard because you don't know what kind of environment lays ahead for these children. There are many different levels and kinds of abuse and more often than not the counselor will never know what has happened to a child that they ended up in the system and we will never know what the future holds for them. We have to pray and trust God with their lives.

It is the same with our own lives and the lives of those people we care about. I was swimming at the gym the other day and I was thinking how crazy and unpredictable this world is. I really have no idea what is going to happen in the future. There is no knowing what this life has in store for us. My work with Convoy of Hope is going to take me around the world. The places I am going will not always be safe places. I may be asked to go places that hate Americans and hate Christians even more. I may be asked to go places in states of disaster and the surrounding chaos. If I were to sit here and think about all that without having God in the picture the unknown would terrify me. The fear of the unknown would be paralyzing and depressing. Thankfully I have God in the picture. Through God I can live in freedom and peace. God offers hope for the future. In an uncertain place he provides certainty. In the end I have to hold on and trust him for this wild ride called life.

No comments: