Monday, June 2, 2008

Some Rambling...

I just made a pie. It's a blackberry pie. They were out of rasberries. I prefer to mix them. It's only the second pie I have made and the first one that is gluten. My other pie was gluten free. Half of my family can't eat gluten. Gluten is found in wheat, rye and barley. My gluten free pie was pretty successful, so I am hoping that it translates to a gluten pie. Except I forgot to put butter on the berries, so it might lack a little in flavor. At least it will be healthier =). My life group will be the gluten pie guinea pigs. I will bring backup desert just in case something goes amiss. I will definetly let you know how it all turns out and if you're lucky I might remember to take a picture of the pie.

The Giants won tonight. Actually they swept the game from the very begining. I love it when they win. I wish they would do it a little more often though =).

The young adults at CLC are all sleeping outside at my house Saturday night. Then Sunday morning we are going to the church serve day. If you are a young adult in Santa Cruz you should come. It will be cool. Bonfire, smores, popcorn, camp songs, sleeping outside, at the Balch's. Seriously can it get any better????

CLC is having a serve day on Sunday. The Sunday service is canceled, so we can apply this last series together as a church. The last series was called outflow and it focused on outward living. If I could summarize it in a sentence or two it would be "letting God's love change your life, so then you can then go out and manifest His love to the community around you". This is one of the most important things a Christ follower can do. As Christians we should focus on representing Christ in our daily chores and activities. Now after a series that focused on missional living CLC is finishing it off with application by going out and serving in our community.

So, now that I have rambled for four paragraphs...I am still in Santa Cruz and still raising money to get to Convoy of Hope. I just sent out my first official newsletter, so those of you who are on my mailing list will recieve that soon. I should be receiving my next statement in the next couple weeks, so I will have an update on that soon. I believe I will be around the fifty percent range.

I just wanted to check in with my multitude of readers =) AKA my Dad, and a sprinkling of others. I am going to bed I have to be at work at 7:00am tomorrow.

Until Next Time!

1 comment:

Tom said...

Claire, thanks for your blog, great words I look forward to each post.