Friday, March 20, 2009

A Paseo

Today the school had a paseo or in other words a field trip. We went to the village of Cartago. I have posted some pictures below of my adventures. We made several stops, but one of my favorites was ruins left over from a church that was never finished being constructed. Every time they tried to build it or continued to build it there was an earthquake that stopped construction. They eventually made a decision to stop trying to build the church. The story goes that the head priest and his brother both were in love with the same woman. The priest killed his brother over the woman. Because of this, a curse was put on the city. If construction continues on this church, an earthquake will happen that will destroy the whole city. I wouldn't want to be the construction company to test this story =). Anyway they have turned it into a beautiful garden. I really loved it and only wished I was a better photographer to capture it all.


Cafe con leche - in my own personal brewer

Arroz, frijoles, pollo, pescado, tortillas, y platanos - very typical and delicious - don't worry I didn't eat all of it - I needed room for the coffee mocha flavored flan and cafe con leche =)

Me at the restaurante - it overlooked a reservoir

The view minus me

Part of the workshop at a store that sold carvings out of coffee wood



The outside of the store that sold coffee wood carvings

For all those animal lovers...

Me - on top of these ruins - it amazing how climbing on ruins never gets old...

The view of the street from the walls of the ruins

Part of the garden they made inside the ruins

My favorite picture of the day



A Cross
"It's who you are and the way you live that count before God. Your worship must engage your spirit in the pursuit of truth. That's the kind of people the Father is out looking for: those who are simply and honestly themselves before him in their worship. God is sheer being itself - Spirit. Those who worship him must do it out of their very being, their spirits, their true-selves, in adoration." 1 John 4:23

No comments: