Sunday, March 8, 2009

I am back in the blogging game...

I have neglected my blogging duties for the last week or so, but I am back. I am sitting in the midst of a room that looks like a tornado hit it, so either I'm blogging to procastinate cleaning up or I am not procrastinating blogging by cleaning up... I suppose both have to be done before I go to bed tonight, so either way I am getting something done =). I actually do enjoy blogging. I am sitting here on my bed, drinking green ginger tea and a fresh fruit drink with chunks of watermelon, mango and cantelope in it and thinking about what I will blog about...

I have reached the half way point of my time in Costa Rica. I have learned so much, but I know there is still so much to learn. I discovered today that there are a ton of children parable stories in Spanish on You Tube, so I think I found a new language tool =). Derek visited me this week. This was fun. We went to the Volcano Irazu. We spent two hours standing on a public bus only to find one strange colored crater and lots of cold and wind. We headed pretty quickly to the little store up there and got some lunch and hot chocolate and coffee. I felt accomplished by the fact that I figured out how to get to the volcano via public transportation. I got the same feeling when I could tell the taxi driver where I needed to go without handing him directions =). I also got to go surfing in Jaco this weekend. This was really fun. I haven't had a chance to surf since I left Santa Cruz in August. I dropped Derek off at the airport this morning. This upcoming week is life as normal. School and studying. I also started my tutoring class for my fonetics last week, so I am hoping this will really help with my pronunciation and accent. As much as it can for the next seven or so weeks!

Thanks for your continuing prayer and financial support! I appreciate it, so much! For those of you who leave comments I love getting them and reading them. I will admit that I check my blog for them =).

I will leave you with this...

"On your feet now - applaud God!
Bring a gift of laughter,
sing yourself into his presence.

Know this: God is God, and God, God.
He made us; we didn't make him.
We're his people, his well tended sheep.

Enter with the password: 'Thank You!'
Make yourselves at home, talking praise.
Thank him. Worship him.

For God is sheer beauty,
all-generous in love,
loyal always and ever."

Psalm 100



La Playa Jaco, the surfboards and some guy I don't know...

La Playa Jaco


Derek and I at the Volcano Irazu - I was wearing a hat, mittens, a long sleeve, a sweatshirt and a jacket and I was in Costa Rica =).

The Crater Irazu....

5 comments:

Jessika Wilson said...

Is that the Volcano we saw when we went there to visit Grandma and Grandpa?

Heard Derek went there to visit. That is SO cool. I am assuming that is probably the reason why you were MIA from the blog this past week. Bet you had a great time with him.

Love you! Jess xoxo

Karen PW said...

Hi Claire. I wondered why you had not updated your blog. Now I know. You were one of the topics at our dinner table last night. We look forward to the day we can see your lovely face.

Claire Balch Barmby said...

I have no idea if it is the same volcano or not - there are so many here! There are two really close to San Jose - then apparently there is one a little farther that spews lava at night - I want to see that one!

justKarolyn said...

Hi Claire! I'm here on Maui with Cindy, Susie, & Grampa & Grandma. Grampa wanted to see your blog, (so did I), so I brought it up. It's good to see pictures of you & hear from you too. Miss you! Love you too! Praying always, aunt karolyn

cindy said...

Hi Claire,
It sure is fun to read your blog and hearing how you are doing. Sounds like you had a great time with Derek visiting, that is pretty neat. Can't wait to hear more details about life this summer.
It is an amazing journey you are on that you will walys look back on in your life and draw from it. You will never be the same I am sure. I am so proud of you and all that you are doing for the Lord. May you be filled with more joy than you have ever known.
Can't wait to see you in a few monthes. Happy early birthday too, its your birthday month!

Love you lots,
Aunt Cindy