Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Here Comes the Rain....

I was sitting in the library at Cincel today reading A Tree Grows In Brooklyn when I began to hear the sound of rain on tin. A few minutes later I began to smell the rain. The smell of musty books and land turned wet. This is the first rain of ten months or so that are filled with rain. This is just the begining as August, September, October and November come the days will be filled with sunny mornings and rainy afternoons. I find it fitting that the first rain comes today. Tomorrow is April 1st and begins my last month of language school. As changes will begin to happen in my life and the lives of my fellow classmates, so does the weather. Slow at first and then as we adapt a little bit faster. Keep me in your prayers and thoughts as I transition from Costa Rica back to Missouri and whatever is in store for me next!

Also there is a family attending language school right now, Tim and Bethany Pike, who have just been hit with several health problems. She just got out of the hospital and last night he was put into the hospital and had surgery this afternoon. Pray for healing for them, pray for peace, pray for perservance and strength, so that they can and will continue the mission set before them.


Ecclesiastes 3: 1-9 (New International Version)

A Time for Everything


1 There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven:

2 a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,

3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,

4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,

5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,

6 a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,

7 a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,

8 a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.

9 What does the worker gain from his toil? 10 I have seen the burden God has laid on men. 11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end. 12 I know that there is nothing better for men than to be happy and do good while they live. 13 That everyone may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all his toil—this is the gift of God. 14 I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it. God does it so that men will revere him.

1 comment:

Jessika Wilson said...

What a great verse...needed to hear that. I love you!

Jess xoxo